Exam Study Tips
Make a plan & start early!
Do yourself a favor and start early! This will lower your stress and anxiety, allowing you to perform better on your exams!
Make a Plan
- Make a plan over a couple of weeks (short study blocks, often, is the best way to retain information)
- Prioritize & organize (pace yourself)
- Review notes, past HW, & old exams (reformat notes into charts, diagrams, outlines that create a visual to make sense of complex concepts)
- Utilize office hours & CARE tutoring for ask questions!
Find a Study Partner
- Create study sessions with friends or classmates
- Review together & take turns explaining concepts to each other
Consider switching up your study space if it will help you stay focused
- Switching the subject you study every 30-40 minutes will prevent learning fatigue & increase focus
- If you are on-campus, consider Grainger Engineering Library or CARE group study rooms!